Sunday, April 8, 2012

Lesson Design Project

At this time, I do not have a specific topic that I want to cover for my lesson deign project. I do know that it will be a mathematics topic, more specifically geometry, and I will incorporate elements of inquiry or exploration and collaboration.
The technology I intend to use for the inquiry/exploration element is Cabri Jr., a visualization app that can be loaded onto Texas Instruments (TI) calculators. I have a classroom set of TI-83 graphing calculators which makes this technology available to all of my students, at least during hour and a half that they are in my classroom. Therefore, the inquiry/exploration element will need to be completed while the students are in class.
For the collaboration element, I hope to use Knowledge Forum 4.8 which is a knowledge-building computer environment or community. I am currently in the process of exploring Knowledge Forum, therefore, I do not yet know if it will be an effective technology choice. I still need to consider its availability (e.g. cost), user-friendliness, and support systems. If I need an alternate technology for the collaboration element, I know that wikispaces or Google docs will suffice.

No comments:

Post a Comment