Sunday, April 1, 2012

Using Twitter Resources


            Today, using Twitter is as common as having a cell phone and as vogue as having a Facebook page. It is a simple way to stay connected with your closest friends and your favorite celebrities. As more and more people use Twitter, more and more uses are being discovered or, perhaps more appropriately, explored.
            One use I have recently been exposed to is using Twitter to gather resources for research. With as many people and companies using Twitter, there must be equally as many opportunities to find whatever it is you may be looking for.
However, with as many people and companies using Twitter, there equally as many opportunities to be inundated with pointless and mindless tweeting. That has been my experience over the last two weeks. I have received countless tweets and re-tweets with blurbs and links.
Perhaps if I had countless hours to explore each tweet I could find nuggets of useful information. But like you, I have to balance my time between my family, work, grad school, and the myriad other things I have to do every week. I have found that using blog alerts is much more effective use of my time. Blog alerts also provide me with blogs and articles that do not meet the criteria that I am researching, however, they are much easier to sift through and skip over.
For that reason, I will continue to use blog alerts and recommend the use of blog alerts.

No comments:

Post a Comment